We cannot deny the popularity of the three Gili (small islands) in Lombok, which are Trawangan, Air and Meno. Those three Gili are very popular amongst tourists, both domestic and international. However, reaching those small islands is not easy because we need to know the schedule and the type of boats we have to use. Below is the information related to the boats from Lombok to the three Gili:
- Boats depart from Bangsal Pemenang Harbor. Bangsal Pemenang to Gili Trawangan or vice versa is the busiest service. It happens because there so many tourists who visit Lombok will always want to go to the Gili. Crossing service is opened every day from 08.00 am and it will be closed at 17.00. The number of boats that serve tourists who want to go to Gili Trawangan is quite many. However, do not ever imagine that you will find a huge harbor with huge boats there, because Bangsal Pemenang comes as tradtional harbor with traditional boats.
- If you want to go to Gili Trawangan or Gili Meno and Gili Air from Bangsal Pemenang Harbor, you will need to pay about Rp 15.000 for each person one way trip. However, if you choose this option, you will sit with other people and other tourists. Sometimes, the boats also bring animals, such as goats or chickens. If you do not want to find such inconvenient, you can rent a private boat. The price for renting a boat is about Rp 500.000 one way and about Rp 950.000 if you want to use it two-way.
- When you buy the boat ticket for crossing, then you will need to mention your name before you get the printed ticket. Passengers will be categorized based on the ticket color. There are some different colors of ticket, which are white, red, green, blue and pink.
- The trip from Bangsal pemenang to Gili Trawangan is quite fast, which is about 25 to 35 minutes. However, it depends on the height of the sea waves. If the waves are high enough and dangerous, the boat willl take different crossing lanes to avoid it, which means that the trip will spend longer period of time.
- Bangsal Pemenang to Gili Meno. The harbor is not just serving passengers who want to go to Gili Trawangan but also they who want to go to Gili Meno. However, the schedule of boats to Gili Meno is different, because it departs only three times a day, which are at 09.00, 14.00 and 17.00. The ticket price to Gili Meno is 14.000 for each person for the morning boat and Rp 24.000 for the later schedule of cross. The trip to Gili Meno from Bangsal harbor is about 30 minutes.
- Bangsal to Gili Air. There are also boats which depart from bangsal Pemenang to Gili Air. The schedule of the crossing is twice a day, which are at 08.00 and 11.00. The trip from the harbor to Gili Air is just 30 minutes. However, the boat takes longer time if the sea waves are too high.